Congregational Job Postings
Below are job postings by member congregations of the Northwestern Ohio Synod of the ELCA. As such, the congregations posting jobs are composers and proprietors of the job descriptions and postings. The Northwestern Ohio Synod has not reviewed, nor approved the positions, and their appearance here does not represent synodical endorsement of the positions or posting entities. The positions will be posted on this webpage for up to 45 days.
Any and all questions and resumes about these congregational positions should be directed to the contact info provided by the congregation.
Do not contact the Synod office with questions about these positions. If you are a congregation looking to post a position, please email all necessary information here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Director – Olivet, Sylvania
Part-Time Contemporary Worship Music Director needed for Olivet Lutheran Church in Sylvania, an ELCA church.
Lead a praise band for a Congregation that walks the walk in the local & global community. Our mission we live by: “Celebrating the power of the Holy Spirit by inviting ALL people to become fully devoted followers of Jesus.”
- Praise God while leading a team of musicians
- Coordinate worship music & communicate with the PowerPoint Team
- Recruit, Retain, & Lead a group of musicians including but not limited to bass, guitar, vocalists, drums, and keyboard
- Participate with the band during worship playing keyboard or guitar
- Ability to play keyboard or guitar
- 2 years’ experience leading a praise band
- Experience with worship setting in a Lutheran, Methodist, Episcopal, United Church of Christ, or similar Protestant church
- Participate with band at 11 am Sunday worship weekly
Send Resume c/o Shannon at Olivet Lutheran Church 5840 Monroe St. Sylvania, Ohio, 43560 or by e-mail to email@example.com with “Resume” in the subject line
Administrative Assistant – Trinity, Willard
Trinity Lutheran Church in Willard, Ohio is looking for an Administrative Assistant/Secretary. The position requires strong organizational skills, an orientation to detail and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Church Windows.
The position is 20 hours a week (additional hours as needed).
Send resume with references to Trinity Lutheran Church 308 S. Myrtle Ave. Willard Ohio 44890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music Director – St. John, Oak Harbor
St. John Lutheran Church, 122 Ottawa St., in Oak Harbor, Ohio is currently seeking an individual or individuals for the following positions:St. John Lutheran Church, 122 Ottawa St., in Oak Harbor, Ohio is currently seeking an individual or individuals for the following positions:
- Service Organist/pianist – responsibilities: play for our Saturday (5 pm) service, our Sunday morning service (9:30 am)
- Choir Accompanist – responsibilities: accompany the senior choir (rehearsals on TH at 7 pm and singing 3-4 times each month at the Sunday service.)
- Children’s choir director – responsibilities: recruit members and practice once a week for 45 minutes and sing in church 2 times per month
- Hand bell Choir director – responsibilities: practice once a week and play once per month in church
- Brass Choir Director – responsibilities: recruit members, practice twice a month and play for various church services (Reformation, Christmas, Easter, etc.)
Instruments: 4 manual Schantz pipe organ, Yamaha grand piano, and 5 octaves of handbells.
Compensation is negotiable and in line with experience.
If you are interested in all or any part(s) of this position, please contact Karen Abbott (email@example.com) with any questions.
Program Director at Lutheran Memorial Camp – LOMO
The LOMO Program Director at Lutheran Memorial Camp is directly responsible for programming summer residential and day camps, retreats, special events and environmental education; assists the Director in camp and human resource management; and works in partnership with others to implement the vision, direction, mission, ministry, goals and purpose of LOMO. This is a year round full time exempt position.