Congregational Job Postings
Below are job postings by member congregations of the Northwestern Ohio Synod of the ELCA. As such, the congregations posting jobs are composers and proprietors of the job descriptions and postings. The Northwestern Ohio Synod has not reviewed, nor approved the positions, and their appearance here does not represent synodical endorsement of the positions or posting entities. The positions will be posted on this webpage for up to 45 days.
Any and all questions and resumes about these congregational positions should be directed to the contact info provided by the congregation.
Do not contact the Synod office with questions about these positions. If you are a congregation looking to post a position, please email all necessary information here: email@example.com
Communications & Relations Manager – St. Mark’s, Bowling Green
Position Description: St. Mark’s Lutheran Church is an Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) that is driven by the mission statement: “In Christ, We reach up, reach out, reach in.”
Our 5 primary ministries are: Worship, Small Groups, Service, Education, and Fellowship.
The Communications & Relations Manager will perform all duties and responsibilities in the Christian spirit of mutual ministry. The Communications & Relations Manager will create, organize, plan and implement effective communications messages and strategies for/with church and community audiences. The individual will partner with church and ministry leaders to convey their vision and communications priorities to appropriate audiences. The Communications & Relations Manager is also responsible for providing the staff and volunteers with clerical, organizational, communication and technical support.
The Communications & Relations Manager will have an abiding faith in God and be a spiritually mature Christian with an active faith life and genuine passion for Christ.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org A full description of duties, responsibilities, key accountabilities, and prerequisites is available upon request.
Music Director – First St. John, Toledo
First St. John Lutheran Church, 2471 Seaman Street, Toledo, is searching for a new Music Director. This is a paid, part-time position.
Responsibilities include directing the choirs, assisting with music for worship and special services, along with over-sight and coordination of the church’s music program. The previous Music Director retired.
For more information and a complete list of the responsibilities, please call Pastor Jerald Rayl at 567-395-0143. Questions or resumes should be directed to his attention at, email@example.com, or mailed to the church office.
Choir Director – St. John, Port Clinton
St. John Lutheran Church in Port Clinton is seeking a Choir Director. This is a paid part-time position with weekly rehearsals and performances two Sundays per month from September through May. If interested, forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Handbell Choir Director – St. John, Port Clinton
St. John Lutheran Church in Port Clinton is seeking a Handbell Choir Director. This is a paid part-time position with weekly rehearsals and performances one Sunday per month from September through May. If interested, forward your resume to email@example.com
Organist/Accompanist – Olivet Lutheran Church, Sylvania
The Organist/Accompanist shall be responsible for providing musical support and musical contribution to the worship experiences at Olivet Lutheran Church.
1. The Organist/Accompanist is responsible for playing for all regularly scheduled church services in the Sanctuary (Sunday a.m.) and Chapel (Wednesday evening). Also included, all holidays of the church including but not limited to mid-week Lenten, Holy Week, Easter, Advent, Christmas, and Thanksgiving Eve services.
2. Accompany the Adult and Children’s choirs at all scheduled services and rehearsals.
3. Cooperate with the Director of Adult Choir and Director of Handbell Choirs regarding rehearsals with musicians for special music as needed
4. Work with the Senior Pastor to provide music selections that are appropriate to theme designated by the church calendar.
5. Be available, but not obligated, to play for weddings and funerals. These services are not included in the base salary; compensation shall be in accordance with the policy of the church.
6. Assist the Director of Operations in locating musicians qualified and willing to serve as substitutes. The substitute list requires a yearly review and update.
- Have the desire, as a Christian, to serve the Lord and His people in developing a musical program within the church setting.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Music Education or Music Performance and training, or have the equivalent expertise/training in organ/piano performance.
- Have developed a personal portfolio of appropriate church preludes, offertories, postludes, funeral and wedding music, etc.
- Have a basic understanding of Lutheran liturgy and hymnody.
A generous salary package will be offered.
Contact: Resumes may be sent to Shannon Walker, Operations Manager, Olivet Lutheran Church, 5840 Monroe St., Sylvania, OH, 43560 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions: Call Pastor Nathan Tuff (Lead Pastor) at 419-450-5670