HighlightsIn the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Highlight Devotion: Cindy’s Corner Café
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.”
Cindy’s Corner Café is a three-point ministry hosted by St. Lucas Lutheran Church, St. John’s Lutheran Church, and St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, so all donations go directly to serve those living in poverty in Toledo. The ministry was founded by Cindy Kirk and is run by a dedicated staff of volunteers that move between the sites
Highlight Video: Cindy’s Corner Café (Video – 7 min. 23 sec.)
So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
- Share a life experience that has affected the way you live? What did this experience teach you?
- Who is your “family” beyond your family?
- In what ways does Cindy’s Corner offer dignity? Why do you think this is a value of this ministry? In what ways do the ministries of your parish extend dignity?
- Cindy’s Corner is hosted in three different churches with volunteers moving resources and people power between sites freely. In what ways is your parish networking with other area organizations/churches? What might be the value in fostering these relationships?
- What might happen this week if you viewed everyone you met as a reflection of the image of God? (Gen. 1:27)
A Prayer by Rev. Martin Billmeier (St. Lucas Lutheran Church)
Most gracious God, thank you for creating us in your image with the capacity to know and to love. Help us always to know and to love you. Just as importantly, grant that we may know and love one another as you know and love us in Jesus Christ. When we fail at love, we pray for forgiveness and the power to follow you more nearly and love each other more dearly. Especially, grant us grace to know and to love those in the world who are lost and forgotten, through Jesus Christ your Son, our Lord. Amen..
To support Cindy’s Corner Café contact St. Lucas Lutheran Church. To learn more about a dignity based approach to reducing chronic homelessness listen to this TED Talk by Lloyd Pendleton about the Housing First Approach to Homelessness.
On any given night 10,345 Ohioans experience homelessness.
(National Alliance to End Homelessness)