Church musicians are some of the busiest (and most organized) people on the planet. And while the school year is closing and summer schedules are ramping up – we are asking you to add . . . yes . . . .one more thing to your calendar!
Saturday, June 10 from noon – 3:30 pm is the date for this worthy investment of your time. A group of musicians from across the country who led music for the ELCA national church-wide convention will be assembled at Zoar Lutheran Church, Perrysburg, for a hymn-sing event on June 11. This assembly of top-notch musicians is a rare thing in NW Ohio – consequently the NWOS synod decided to take full advantage of this opportunity.
NWOS is inviting you to come for a round-table discussion with these exceptional music leaders of the ELCA. A lunch will be provided and Bishop Beaudoin will be present for a Service of Blessing. Your ministry is so important to the life and future of the church!
You can expect
- conversation on future trends of church music (what works, what doesn’t, what’s changing, what’s coming)
- new resources (magazines, websites, liturgical help)
- a sacred art show by twelve artists and how a church arts committee can impact worship
- appreciation and Service of Blessing by the Bishop and a time to share with fellow musicians of the NWOS
- Reformation 500 music resources and what’s happening around the synod
We hope you can attend. We want you to attend! Please RSVP to the email below. We look forward to sharing this experience together!
Saturday, June 10, noon – 3:30 pm
Zoar Lutheran Church
314 East Indiana Ave.
Diane Ninke, NWOS Synod Council Member